This statement is made pursuant to Section 54, Part 6 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. It outlines TXM Group’s exposure to slavery and human trafficking and shows the steps we have taken to ensure that these practices are not taking place in our own businesses or in our supply chains.
This policy is on behalf of all companies within and associated to the TXM Group of Companies, as relevant. For clarification “TXM” incorporates TXM Group, TXM Recruit, TXM Inc, TXM Consult, TXM Healthcare, TXM Manpower, 2XM Technology, 2XM Recruit, 2XM Consult, NGP, Provide, Step5, Specialist Locum Network, Provide Medical, Teleconsult.
About TXM Group
TXM Group provides specialist resourcing and consultancy solutions in the Engineering, Healthcare and Technology sectors across EMEA, Australasia and North America.
Founded in 2005 the business has gone from strength to strength, operating globally with a collective annual turnover now in excess of £300 million. TXM has grown at a phenomenal rate, acquiring new businesses, becoming a recognised name in the engineering sector, whilst also branching out into the technology and healthcare sectors, then adding consultancy solutions to the Group offering.
To this day, TXM remains in the ownership of those who started and supported TXM’s vision. Officially forming as a Group company in April 2022 with the creation of TXM Group Limited, aligning its businesses to operate collaboratively; its head office situated in the UK.
Our Mission and Values
At TXM Group, we help organisations become the best versions of themselves by sourcing the best talent and driving business efficiency that delivers success.
Our global network of specialist experts are engrained with the same entrepreneurial spirit which is reflected in the design and delivery of our consultancy and resourcing solutions. Our aim is to go The Xtra Mile for our customers and theirs, driving real change and tangible results, operating across multiple geographies to deliver the highest quality service to support the engineering, technology, and healthcare sectors.
We value our teams, and our people are our strength - together we are strongest. We collaborate, with integrity, to deliver service excellence.
Adherence to the Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy
Our Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy reflects our Company’s commitment to the implementation and enforcement of effective systems and controls to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our business and in our supply chains.
TXM ensures that any partnership entered, any supplier used and/or those who work on behalf of or provide a service to TXM will be aware of this Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking policy. Furthermore, they are required to demonstrate adherence to our standards, principles, and values for them to be able to continue with their working relationship in any guise with TXM. TXM will not use or work with any third party that does not adhere to the principles and standards of this policy.
TXM understand the importance and impact of partnership working. Our suppliers, contractors and other business partners are therefore expected to comply with the same high standards. As part of our processes, we specifically prohibit against the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, or anyone held in slavery or servitude. Our Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy is shared both on our website and distributed to clients and suppliers.
Our approach to tackling the risk of slavery and human trafficking within our business includes:
• Ensuring that our suppliers and contractors are alert to the risks of slavery and human trafficking and communicate to us the steps they are taking to address this issue. Alongside abiding by our Supplier Code of Conduct.
• Following a robust recruitment process including compliance and identity checks.
• Having a direct contact for the workforce to report any concerns regarding slavery and human trafficking. With oversight at Group level through our Management and HR team to whom all employees can address issues of concern.
• Maintaining a whistleblowing policy and procedures to support staff and contractors who raise any concerns.
• Engaging with other organisations and professional bodies to learn and share best practice, including membership of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation and the Association of Professional Staffing Companies.
• Providing the Police force with information on victims of human trafficking with the assurance of a quality focused investigation and appropriate support tailored to each individual needs regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and cultural or religious background.
Monitoring and Feedback
TXM is committed to ensure that all suppliers have or adhere to the principles and standards of this Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy. In addition to this, TXM ensures that all employees, consultants, or those who work on behalf of TXM qualify and have the relevant entitlement to work within the UK offices, evidenced by legal documentation which is reviewed by an employee of TXM.
TXM is committed to ensure that all employees are paid at a prevailing rate of pay for any work activity undertaken.
TXM is committed to ensure that suppliers and recruitment processes are monitored and assessed to ensure that this Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking policy is both implemented and adhered to.
Variation of Policy
TXM reserves the right to make amendments to this policy at any time and in accordance with business and legislation changes.
This statement is reviewed annually and was last updated in June 2022.